Hit the ice this Sunday night.
When it comes to active winter activities, there’s no sport more festive and ceremonial of the holiday season than ice skating. The only way you can top that if the rink is located in the crisp open air of the city, for that, look no further than Avalon on Ice. [Featured image: @hotelavalon]
“Tis’ the season to lace up your skates and glide into the holiday spirit at Avalon on Ice,” the event website reads. “Our monumental Rockefeller-inspired ice skating rink is back and we can’t wait to hit the rink with you.”
With the circumstances as they are, the rink is taking extra precautions to ensure the safety of skaters. New health measures include:
- Guests must wear masks on the rink and in the skate changing areas.
- The rink will be limited to 50 skaters at a time.
- Contactless payment via online ticket purchase or QR-code on site.
- One separate designated entrance and exit.
- Available hand-sanitizing stations throughout area.
- Frequent sanitization of skates in between rentals.
Avalon on Ice runs from now through January 18. General admission is priced at $18, while children’s tickets (ages 9 and under) are $14 a piece. Tickets include skates.
For other are winter activities, snow tubing, snow fights, and more are available at Lanier Islands’ License to Chill Snow Island. In addition to the aforementioned activities, Snow Island also offers spectacular lighting displays, Santa’s Workshop, and plenty of seasonal eats and drinks to keep you warm throughout your stay.