Everyone knows one of the best things to do in Atlanta is to see the magnificent sea life at the Georgia Aquarium. The iconic aquarium has everything from playful beluga whales to luminous jelly fish… oh, and of course we’re the only place in the entire U.S. to see a live whale shark. Sorry, did I say a whale shark? I meant two whale sharks.
And for the holiday season, the Georgia Aquarium is hosting a ton of festive events, all day every day! Their central atrium will be alive with merry music and winter-inspired projections on the walls, and most magical of all, they will have a 42-foot live tree.
Not only will the vibes be immaculate, but the events will be jolly too! The Aquarium is bringing back some holiday favorites and some new things to sugar and spice up your holiday season.
- Holiday Tree Lighting – every day at 10AM the aquarium will light their giant tree for all the guests to enjoy!
- Pictures with Santa – During your aquarium visit, get a photo with Georgia Aquarium’s own seaside St. Nick. Santa is available for kids of all ages during scheduled dates and times. (You can find Santa’s schedule here!)
- A Festive Dolphin Celebration – Each day during Holidays, the Georgia Aquarium will be featuring an exciting new presentation to showcase the incredible animals that call the aquarium home! Learn all about the bottlenose dolphin and California sea lion in a fun and festive way!
- Scuba Claus – It’s a holiday tradition to look up into the sky to try and find Saint Nick and his sleigh, but have you ever looked for him in the sea? Come see if you can spot Mr. Claus himself diving among the whale sharks and manta rays in one of the world’s largest marine habitats, Ocean Voyager, built by The Home Depot.
- Live Music – Music makes the holidays! Get into the holiday spirit as various GSU School of Music ensembles perform your favorite classics every Saturday and Sunday from 11:30am-4pm, November 11th through December 23rd.
And of course, enjoy the truly incredible animals and sights that the Georgia Aquarium offers every single day. We’re lucky to have the ocean in our backyard.
Address: 225 Baker St NW, Atlanta, GA 30313
For more information, check out the Georgia Aquarium’s website!