Mother’s Day is right around the corner and it’s time to celebrate those special women in your life! The ones who’ve been there for you through the good times and the bad. Making the matriarchs in your family feel special can be stressful! But don’t worry Secret Atlanta has created a round-up of some great Mother’s Day activities. Check them out below!
1. – 5. Candlelight Series
Treat your mom to a cute candlelight series of her favorite artists! Fever has a variety of different candlelight series honoring artists in multiple genres. So whether your mom likes jazz, r&b, or is up to date on all the new hits, the Fever Candlelight series has you covered. Below are just a few of the concerts you can choose from:
- Candlelight: Neo-Soul Favorites ft. Songs by Prince, Childish Gambino, and More
- Candlelight: The Best of Frank Sinatra & Nat King Cole
- Candlelight: Featuring Vivaldi’s Four Seasons & More
- Candlelight: Iconic Black Artists Featuring Miles Davis
- Candlelight: The Best of Hans Zimmer
6. Visit this awesome LEGO sculpture exhibit
This is one of the perfect family-friendly activities to do this Mother’s Day. experience an art exhibit that showcases 100+ impressive and never-seen-before LEGO® sculptures. What’s more is that this exhibit, which has stunned over 10 million guests around the globe, will also showcase 360° projection installations for the first time.
7. Enjoy a romantic stroll through this gorgeous Claude Monet Immersive Experience
If you are looking for something a little more romantic this Claude Monet Exhibition is definitely going to win you brownie points. This awe-inspiring exhibit has been a hit in the city and is the perfect Mother’s Day experience for a date night.
8. Take a stroll through this pre-historic exhibit
Another family-friendly event to attend this weekend is this one-of-a-kind Jurassic Park Exhibit. You’ll get to interact with them face-to-face, staring into the ferocious eyes of the Jurassic’s most hair-raising creatures and meeting adorable baby dinos like Bumpy from Camp Cretaceous.
9. Have fun and get messy at this Paint & Sip
If your mom is more on the artistic side, this is the perfect fun experience for her! Fever Atlanta has paired with Studio WIP to create a creative spray n’ sip experience. Visitors get to explore their creativity and learn more about the art of spray paint! This is a great unique experience to put on the books with your mother.
10. – 15. Enjoy a relaxing spa day at any of these amazing spas
Being a mom is not easy work! So sometimes all she needs is a little TLC and time away from the real world. Treat her to a nice relaxing day at any of these spas around the city.
16. Enjoy a picnic in the park with mom
This weekend be sure to check out Atlanta’s R& B Soul Picnic! This will be a two-day event with the first event kicking off Saturday, May 13. Guests will enjoy music, food, art, and games to create the ultimate Mother’s Day vibe. Atlanta’s R&B Soul Picnic will take place at Piedmont Park Promenade from 12p to 11p on both days.
17. – 21. Try one of these delicious dinner spots
We have already established that Atlanta is a foodie’s dream so taking mom out for dinner with the family or one on one should definitely be an option. Check out some of these amazing restaurants to treat your mom to dinner.
22. – 26. Treat mom to a mani and pedi appointment
All moms deserved to be pampered and take a load off. What better way to give her some love than taking her to get a nice mani and pedi? Atlanta is ripe with tons of spots to give your hands and feet some love. Check out a few of our fave spots below.
27. – 31. Grab a bite to eat at any of these yummy brunch spots
Brunch is always a great idea. And the city of Atlanta will have brunch specials all over the city. Lucky for you we’ve done some research on some of the best spots to grab a bite with mum. Check out our list below:
- Brunch Bully
- Jazz Brunch at Wild Heaven Beer West End
- Barcelona Wine Bar
- 5 Church Buckhead / Midtown
- Rooftop L.O.A.
32. Celebrate Mother’s Day Weekend at Chastain Park Spring Arts Festival
This yearly festival is another great way to spend Mother’s Day weekend. Visitors will enjoy local food and beverage concessions including gourmet food trucks. Take mom to enjoy some live music, good weather, and great vibes.