Following the incredible year that was 2022, Atlanta is all set for another fabulous trip around the sun, boasting an incredible mix of things to do throughout! From unmissable exhibitions boasting the best in art and culture, to those must-visit attractions that you’ve yet to experience. Here’s some top-notch inspiration for planning the perfect 2023 in A-Town.
1. Don’t miss out on Stranger Things: The Experience
January marks the penultimate month for the epic Stranger Things experience that’s magically transformed Pullman Yards into an immersive love letter devoted to Netflix’s sci-fi smash. From saving the ATL from the Upside Down to enjoying a sundae from Scoops Ahoy, don’t miss out y’all! Click here to get your tickets.
2-6. Check out the best exhibitions on display in A-Town
Our thriving art scene combined with some of the best touring exhibitions makes Atlanta one of the best places to be for culture freaks like us. Here’s some of this year’s highlights that you don’t want to miss.
- Monet: The Immersive Experience – Exhibition Hub, Atlanta Art Center
- The Fans Strike Back: Star Wars Exhibition – Exhibition Hub, Atlanta Art Center
- Monir Farmanfarmaian: A Mirror Garden – The High Museum of Art
- The Art of Draping – SCAD FASH
- Harry Potter: The Exhibition – The 200 Peachtree Building
7. Head to Cobb County during the warmer months to cheer on the Braves
Every summer, the Braves always seem to guarantee a fabulous season of baseball, creating this unmissable buzz around the ATL and Cobb County’s Truist Park. From a day out at The Battery to scoring some tickets to a game, if you’ve yet to experience a baseball game in Atlanta then don’t miss out this year!
8. Channel your inner street artist at this graffiti workshop
Atlanta’s street art scene is one of the best in the country, with murals and work popping up left, right, and center throughout the year. If you’ve always wanted to have a go then there’s an awesome workshop in L5P that teaches you the ins and outs of graffiti. Reserve your spot here!
9-13. Book one (or a few) of Atlanta’s unmissable music festivals
Some of the best music festivals in the south happen here in the ATL. From the Atlanta Jazz Festival to incredible festivals boasting the best in pop, rock, rap, and beyond. Click here for a full round-up or see below for what we recommend this year.
- Atlanta Jazz Festival – Memorial Day Weekend
- SweetWater 420 Festival – Date TBA (April/May)
- OneMusic Fest – Date TBA
- Music Midtown – Date TBA
- Atlanta Pride – Date TBA (October)
14. Experience an enchanting concert lit by the Candlelight series
Speaking of music, if music festivals are a little too hardcore for some of y’all, then we have the most magical alternative. The Candlelight concert series has been taking Atlanta by storm, hosting orchestral and jazz concerts in iconic venues across the city, performing classics and all-time favorites like never before, under the enchanting glow of candlelight. Click here for the full line-up.
15-19. Eat or drink out at Atlanta’s favorite bars & restaurants
Atlanta boasts an incredible culinary scene with fabulous restaurants and bars dotted around the city, serving up the best in local and global cuisine. From sensational Spanish restaurants to our most iconic eats in the city. Here’s five restaurants we recommend checking out this 2023.
- Nobu Atlanta – Buckhead
- The Garden Room – Buckhead
- Lucian Books & Wine – Buckhead
- The Busy Bee – Downtown Atlanta
- Postino Wine Bar – Buckhead
20-23. Be a tourist for the day and visit Atlanta’s knock-out attractions
From the magnificent Georgia Aquarium to the World of Coca-Cola, there’s no shortage of family-fun and unforgettable days out in the ATL. Check out some recommendations for 2023 below.
- Zoo Atlanta, Grant Park
- Illuminarium – Old Fourth Ward
- World of Coca-Cola – Downtown Atlanta
- iFly Atlanta – Cobb County
- Atlanta Botanical Garden – Piedmont Park