If there’s one thing Atlanta knows how to do, it’s celebrate our culture! Here in the city, we have a thriving queer population, with members of the LGBTQ+ community feeling comfortable being themselves around the city. We’re lucky to have tons of queer-owned businesses, queer-friendly bars, and the only lesbian bar currently left in the entire Southeast.
And for one weekend in October, we get to celebrate our identities with festivals and parades, with Atlanta Pride! This year, Pride will be October 14th and 15th in Piedmont Park!
They just announced this year’s star-studded line-up for their unmissable festival, and it’s looking like it’s gonna be a major party!
However, there’s so much to do over Atlanta Pride weekend, so we thought we’d create a break-down to help you out if you’re looking to celebrate and honor this special weekend.
1. The Atlanta Pride Festival
The Atlanta Pride Festival is definitely the biggest party to hit up over Atlanta Pride weekend. The Atlanta Pride Committee continuously highlights talent that provide a wide range of entertainment, and this year’s line-up doesn’t disappoint.
Icona Pop, Saucy Santana and G Flip headline Saturday’s festival, along with performances by THE TikTok Bimbo, Chrissy Chlapaeka, DJ Babey Drew, The Gurls, Siena Liggins, and so many more!
Guests can also expect over 250 vendors, amazing food and drinks, merch, and so much more!
For a detailed timed line-up of the weekend’s festivities, check out Atlanta Pride’s website!
One of the most beloved parts of Atlanta Pride is the spectacular parade that annually takes route throughout the city for spectators to cheer on, be loud and proud!
Drawing over 100,000 people, members of the LGBTQ+ community will come together in this celebration of liberation, boasting an annual hope for the future that has solidified Atlanta’s Pride Weekend as the best in the Southeast.
The Atlanta Pride Parade will be taking place on Sunday, October 15th, stepping off at noon from The Atlanta Civic Center MARTA Station up to Piedmont Park. Get there early to secure the perfect spot on the parade’s route.
For more information about any of the marches, check out their website here!
Another awesome way to honor Atlanta Pride is by partaking in this year’s marches. There are three set to take over the city over the weekend, so get your signs about love an acceptance ready!
All three will be setting off from Charles Allen Gate on Saturday, October 14th.
For more information check out their website!
- The Annual Trans March: Saturday, October 14 (Meet time is 1:15pm, Set-off at 1:45pm)
- The Annual Bi & Pan March: Saturday, October 14 (Meet time is 3:00pm, Set-off at 3:30pm)
- The Annual Dyke March: Saturday, October 14 (Meet time is 4:30pm, Set-off at 5:00pm)
All are welcome–queer people and allies alike!–to celebrate together!
Atlanta is known for its incredible gay nightlife scene! From drag bars to chiller, queer-friendly spaces, we’ve truly got whatever you’re looking for!
If you’re searching for the best LGBTQ+ venues to party this weekend then we’ve got you covered. Here are just a few places to consider:
- My Sister’s Room, Midtown
- X Midtown (TEN), Midtown
- Lips Drag Queen Show Palace, Restaurant & Bar, Buford Highway NE
- Mary’s, East Atlanta
- Felix’s Atlanta, Ansley Park
5. Check out these queer art exhibits and events!
There’s an eclectic mix of art exhibitions on display that would be great to check out during Atlanta Pride. Some are specifically here for the occassion, so don’t miss out y’all!
The Mayor’s Pride Exhibition,
- Friday, October 13th at 6 pm at Atlanta City Hall
- Mayor’s Pride Exhibit showcases the diverse talents in Atlanta’s queer community through visual art
Southern Fried Queer Pride
- Sunday, October 29th from 1 pm- 5pm at CreateATL
- SFQP is dedicated to showing local art made my queer artists and vendors
Art & Pride: Uniting through Art
- Thursday, October 12th starting at 5 pm at 1235 Chattahoochee Ave NW
- Art & Pride is a huge collection of art by queer artists in lots of different mediums dedicated to celebrating the queer experience!
Sugar Shack! A Queer Parking Lot Dance Party
- Friday, October 13th from 10 pm – 3 am at Eyedrum
- Sugar Shack is a queer party full of dancing and fun!