The South’s got something to say about these hilarious things that are uniquely Atlanta!
It’s pretty clear that a lot of us Atlantans have become desensitized by things that are considered normal here, and might seem strange in other cities — or at the very least, might startle the newbies and visiting tourists here in A-Town.
We asked y’all on Instagram and Facebook. ‘What’s something considered totally normal here in the ATL, but would not be acceptable anywhere else’.
Our followers didn’t hold back so make sure you follow us if you want your answers to be included next time.
Here are forty of our favorite responses, including all of the good, the bad, and the in-between:
1. Smoking hookah at every venue, including nail salons
3. Taking thirty minutes to go two miles
4. The need for (interstate) speed
5. Changing lanes without signaling
7. Trying to exit in 0.1 miles from the extreme left lane in traffic
8. Burning cars
9. Going to the strip club for dinner
10. Brunch at 2pm on a Wednesday
11. Going to the strip club for chicken wings
12. LEMON PEPPER EVERYTHING!
13. Chicken bones on sidewalks
14. Chicken wing bones in transit vehicles, but make it art
15. Making reservations for dinner at 10pm on a weekday
16. Three hour waits at ANY restaurant
17. Lemon pepper ‘sprinkles’
18. Tiki bars without a beach
19. Read ending someone then driving away like nothing happened
20. Car break-ins
21. Getting carjacked in the middle of the day
22. Letting someone into crazy traffic and not doing a simple wave.
23. Reversing on the exit ramp if traffic is too hectic
24. When your lane turns into a turn lane
25. When your lane turns into one lane without warning
26. When the directions say turn left but it’s actually just a 18° angle
27. Paying $40 to park
28. Abandoning cars on the interstate during a snowstorm
28. All four seasons in one day
29. Tornadoes in January
30. The ungodly amount of semitrucks
31. Seeing Waka Flaka or Usher at an airport or mall