It’s Thanksgiving, which means forefront on everyone’s mind is this: what am I thankful for this year? There are so many things to be thankful for: our health, our safety, family, friends, good food to eat… the list goes on.
We asked y’all: “What’s something about Atlanta you’re thankful for?” and your answers warmed our hearts.
Here are a list of 30 things Atlantans are thankful for about our beautiful city!
- How friendly everyone is
- Buford highway restaurants & markets
- That we get to have all four seasons, but it’s never too cold
- Beautiful green spaces
- The art community
- The music venues
- Hartsfield-Jackson and Delta nonstops to virtually anywhere
- The diversity in Atlanta and its suburbs
- LGBTQ friendly neighborhoods
- The weather
- Proximity to mountains
- Great restaurants
- Proximity to the ocean
- The people we’ve met here
- The biking community
- The Botanical Garden’s annual Holiday Lights
- The vegan and vegetarian options in the city
- The trails and hiking options
- The beautiful Black culture here
- The opportunity for entrepreneurship
- Marta and not being car-dependant
- The collards at Pig n Chik
- Always wanting to evolve and change. State and Local Government work well together
- Diversity, talents, and Black businesses
- The BeltLine
- It’s many little cities within the city
- The houses
- YourDekalb farmers markets
And of course, the answer we got over and over, and my personal favorite: the people. Atlanta is full of great people–kind, sociable, helpful and smart. We’ve got the best local business owners, artists, singers, rappers, teachers, doctors… the list goes on.
So most of all, Atlanta, we’re thankful for you!
If you’re thankful for something about Atlanta, let us know on Instagram @secret_atlanta or with the hashtag #mysecretatlanta
Have a great holiday, y’all!