Winter is in full swing, and there’s so many awesome things to do across Atlanta to spice up the coldest season. From spectacular immersive experiences to unmissable art exhibitions, don’t miss out on all the fabulous wintertime happenings on offer across the A. Whether your a winter-lover and are searching for the perfect winter hike, or can’t wait for spring and need to know where all the best heated patios are in Atlanta, there’s truly something for everyone.
If you didn’t get the chance to ice-skate over the holidays, Pullman Yards has you covered with their brand-new eco-friendly ice rink. This all-new festive feature will continue to dominate its striking exterior until February. There’s so many awesome things to do in and around the historic site, so don’t miss out y’all. Click here for more information.
While we’re on the topic of Pullman Yards, Stranger Things: The Experience has completely taken over the newly renovated complex, and it’s your last chance to check it out as the space closes on February 12. Explore the Upside Down and save the ATL from those notorious creatures, that never fail to spook when Netflix drops a fresh season of their sci-fi smash. Click here or the link below for more information and tickets.
February marks the return of Black History Month, and there are so many incredible ways to honor it across the ATL. From eating out at Black-owned restaurants to supporting local businesses or charities, click here for a full round-up of incredible Black-owned businesses.
- Slutty Vegan – Vegan burgers (multiple locations)
- Iwi Fresh – Farm to facial spa (Downtown Atlanta)
- Nourish & Bloom – Futuristic grocery store (Trilith)
- Hippin’ Hops – Brewery & Oyster Bar (East Atlanta, Stone Mountain, & East Lake)
- The Village Retail Market – Retail experience uniting Black-owned businesses (Ponce City Market)
In our opinion, nothing can beat the brisk Georgian air during the winter, especially when that sun is shining. From snow-topped mountains to a boozy adventure through the Bartram Trail, check out our winter hike recommendations below, or click here for a full round-up.
- Bartman Trail (with wine tasting)
- Appalachian Trail
- Yonah Mountain Trail
10-13. Check out these unmissable exhibitions on display in the A!
Art and culture thrives in A-Town, with an awesome selection of exhibitions on display throughout the winter months. So warm up at an art gallery while soaking in some culture, or check out some of the most renowned touring exhibits stopping off in Atlanta. Check out our recommendations below.
- Fans Strike Back: The Largest Star Wars Fan Exhibition, until Feb 5 at Exhibition Hub
- Monir Farmanfarmaian: A Mirror Garden, until April at the High Museum of Art
- Monet: The Immersive Experience, until February 26 at Exhibition Hub
- Deana Lawson, until February 19 at the High Museum of Art
Those ATL nights can get pretty frosty during the winter. A great way to warm up is by enjoying some drinks and bites at one of Atlanta’s favorite heated patios. From unmissable firepits to some incredibly warming cocktails, click here for a full round-up or check out some recommendations below.
- Ladybird Grove & Mess, Old Fourth Ward
- Ecco, Buckhead & Midtown
- The White Bull, Decatur
- Gypsy Kitchen, Buckhead
Inspired by its surrounding nature, Fernbank Museum has an all-new light experience with magical installations scattered around their beloved WildWoods. From enchanting, glowing mushrooms to mind-bending interaction, it’s the perfect way to make those winter months a little brighter! Click here for more information, or check out the link below.
Enchanting glow up: Don’t miss Fernbank Museum’s stunning light experience this winter in Atlanta
If you’re a fan of Lego, or know someone who is, then don’t miss out on the return of Atlanta Brick Con, an impressive fan-made convention for professional Lego builders and the young-at-heart. The convention will be taking place on February 4 & 5. Click here for more information.
January 22 marks the first day of the Lunar New Year, with so many awesome things happening across Atlanta to honor and celebrate this festive time. From the best Chinese restaurants in A-Town to dazzling light displays, check out some recommendations below, but don’t miss our round-up of fantastic ways to honor the Lunar New Year in the A.
- Atlantic Station, light show and festival
- Stone Mountain Park, Lunar New Year Festival
- Eat out at some of the best Chinese restaurants in Atlanta, click here for full round-up
Illuminarium is Atlanta’s premier immersive experience directly on the BeltLine. From magical exhibitions to unbeatable immersive experiences using cutting-edge technology, this recent addition to Atlanta’s long list of knock-out attractions has solidified itself as a must-visit. They even have an after-dark cocktail hour for the grown-ups. Click here for more information and tickets.
Nothing warms the soul like sharing some tapas and sangria with your family and friends. From authentic Spanish cuisine to more contemporary takes on Spain’s must-try dishes, click here to see our recent round-up or check out some recommendations below.
- Sebastian Pintxos Bar, Midtown
- Barcelona Wine Bar, Inman Park
- The Iberican Pig, Buckhead & Decatur
- Cooks & Soldiers, Home Park
Is there anything better than hot chocolate? Probably not, so we rounded up some of A-Town’s best spots to enjoy a deliciously decadent hot chocolate. Check out our recommendations below or click here for the full round-up.
- Xocolatl Small Batch Chocolate, The Krog District
- ADios Café, Castleberry Hill
- Hodgepodge Coffee, several locations