Don’t miss out on these unforgettable experiences in Atlanta for 2022!
January is already coming to a close, which is definitely a sign from the universe for all of us to make the most of this exciting year in Atlanta. From the best exhibitions that will be taking over historic Atlantan landmarks, to the natural wonders of Georgia that you must add to the bucket list! Keep on scrolling to curate the perfect 2022.
Atlanta’s thriving art scene should never be overlooked, especially if you’re an ATL peach or admirer of the arts! There’s an immersive exhibition delving into the life of Spanish painter Pablo Picasso, must-see portraits of our former president Barak Obama, and so much more. Here’s some of our personal picks for art exhibitions in Atlanta this 2022.
- Imagine Picasso: The Immersive Experience – A new immersive exhibition that takes visitors on a journey through the revolutionary career of the master of modern art, Pablo Picasso.
- Claude Monet: The Immersive Experience – Step into iconic masterpieces originally painted by Claude Monet at this astonishing journey through the incomparable universe of this legendary impressionist painter.
- The Obama Portraits Tour – Now’s your chance to witness the iconic Obama portraits up close and personal at the High Museum of Art
- Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience – Last year’s hottest exhibition has not only inspired an immersive art revolution in the ATL, but it’s been extended with a major overhaul and relocation.
- What Is Left Unspoken, Love – Endearing and introspective exhibition featuring contemporary artworks that address the different ways the most important thing in life, love, is expressed!
5. Discover Atlanta’s architectural giants!
With an iconic skyline on our doorstep, why don’t you try to explore as many architectural icons as you can this 2022? Pictured above (by @kristina.hope via Instagram) is the Bank of America Plaza, the tallest building in the ATL. But there are so many more gems to discover.
Other works we suggest you check out include Sandy Springs’ King & Queen Buildings. Officially called Concourse Corporate Center V and VI, the 34-story icons can be seen for miles. These royal twins with contrasting crowns beautifully light up the metro’s night sky. If you’d prefer to stay in Central Atlanta, then you must visit the historical mansion Swan House, owned by the Atlanta Historical Society. Beautifully restored in 2004, many of you may be familiar with the building as it was famously featured in the Hunger Games saga! Click here for the ultimate guide to ATL architecture.
If you’ve ever walked though Piedmont Park and wondered about the history of the park, then this exciting experience is for you. Walk to all the best landmarks and hidden gems while answering trivia questions and solving challenges. Piedmont Park has a rich history spanning over the course of nearly two centuries. Since 1822, Piedmont Park has continuously evolved, and undergone several transformations. Click here for more information on Atlanta Scavenger Hunt: Finding Peace in Piedmont Park.
8. Visit the World of Coca-Cola
Atlanta is home to an American icon. Explore the history, memorabilia, and advertisements behind the world’s most famous soft drink. You’ll even be able to sample more than 100 different beverages from around the world, see how the drink is bottled, and try to recreate the top-secret formula. The World of Coca-Cola is one of Downtown Atlanta’s most popular tourist attractions, so it’s always worth forming your own ATL opinion!
Are you even from the South if you haven’t been tubing? If you haven’t, get ready for a pretty tubular summer. Chattahoochee River Tubing is one of the many businesses offers an incredible experience on the Chattahoochee River. Enjoy an incredibly relaxing 4-hour float, leaving all your troubles on the bank of the river. It’s truly the ultimate way to experience the Chattahoochee and the gorgeous tranquil nature that surrounds the stream. If you’re looking for something more active, you could also consider canoeing, kayaking, or swimming!
From crafty cocktails to robot waiters, we’ve curated a list of the the best crazy ideas that became a reality, here in the ATL. Atlanta has a unique array of restaurants, bars and experiences that prove anything is possible. And you’ll have a great time in the process. Here’s a few we recommend, or you can check out our full round-up for the full list of the wierd, and wonderful dining experiences in the city.
- Mad Hatter’s (Gin &) Tea Party – Don’t be late for this very important date. Take a surreal trip down the rabbit hole at this truly bonkers cocktail tea party!
- The Garden Room – It’s always full bloom at The Garden Room. The gorgeously put together (and totally extra) floral displays scattered around the restaurant are magnificent are just waiting to be explored.
- Dinner Detective – At The Dinner Detective, you’ll tackle a hilarious and challenging crime while you feast on a fantastic dinner. Ready to crack the mystery?
- Dining in the Dark – Eminent psychologists have been advocating dining in the dark as the ultimate taste experience, and now you can experience it for yourselves!
- Puttshack – London’s favorite crazy golf opened their first U.S. outpost last year, here in the ATL.
- Lucian Books & Wine – Books and wine, as well as a spectacular seasonal menu. Need we say more?
16-18. Explore Georgia’s natural wonders!
From the deepest cave in the United States to absolutely stunning waterfalls, there’s no shortage of untouchable natural beauty in Georgia. Although Georgia has an official list of wonders, we thought we’d create our own. Check out some of our recommendations below, or the full round-up here.
- Providence Canyon – This natural wonder is not so natural at all. Georgia’s very own little “Grand Canyon” is stunning, but a reaction to mismanaged farming techniques from the past
- Tallulah Gorge – This gorgeous gorge is definitely worth the trip (pictured above). Are you brave enough to take on the impressive suspension bridge?
- Driftwood Beach – Head on down to Jekyll Island to escape the hustle and bustle of the ATL to witness Driftwood Beach
We may be biased, but there’s no better place to go glamping than in Georgia. Atlanta’s known as a city within a forest. So we thought we’d roundup a few glamping experience if you’re looking for that perfect staycation, immersed in Georgia’s gorgeous nature! From stunning romantic tree houses to unique yoga retreats, there’s something for everyone.
20-22. Have a drink on one of Atlanta’s incredible rooftop bars & restaurants
With our iconic skyline, and thriving culinary scene, there are so many spectacular rooftop bars and restaurants where you can enjoy a few cocktails and bites, whilst taking in some of the most glorious views of our city. Click here for the full round-up of top-notch rooftops.
- Skylounge Atlanta – Located at the top of the historic boutique Glenn Hotel, is their breathtaking SkyLounge.
- Grana – Perfect for lovers of Italian cuisine, with a rooftop boasting scenic views of that Georgian greenery.
- Virtue Rooftop – The rooftop at Midtown’s Church5 makes you feel like you’re smack-bang in the heart of the city!