Is it hot in here, or is it just Atlanta?
It’s officially summer in Atlanta and we’re ready for an awesome time! Soak up that southeast summer with a little help from our round-up of marvelous things to do this July. From the best rooftop pools to unmissable bottomless brunches, this ice cream season, we have the scoop!
65 marvelous things to do this July in Atlanta
1. 4th of July
There’s so much to do this Independence Day in Atlanta. From an unforgettable firework and laser spectacular in Stone Mountain Park, to a thrilling day at Six Flags Over Georgia, Atlanta has it all! Check out our full list of things to do over the holiday weekend below.
Illuminarium is the highly-anticipated experience on the BeltLine that’s able to transport you to those incredible places from your wildest dreams. Come face-to-face with some of the world’s most exotic animals, as you roam their natural habitat in WILD: Illuminarium’s Safari Experience. There’s even a bar/nightlife experience available at the attraction, where you can enjoy awesome cocktails in locations across the world. ⭐ SPONSORED ⭐
Click here to get your tickets for this unforgettable experience!
3. Pullman Pops
The historic Pullman Yards has had an insane make-over. Why don’t you make your visit extra special with Pullman Pops, a new concert happening next month. Perfect if you’re a Broadway lover, a 45 piece orchestra honor the very best of Broadway. The show will feature selections from such timeless hit shows like Les Miserables, Wicked, Jersey Boys, and more! Pullman Pops is happening on July 20th, 2021. Tickets go on sale on June 15th, 2021, so make sure you book as soon as possible!
Make sure you book your tickets for the spectacular tribute to Broadway!
4. Are you Gogh-ing to Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience?
Following a successful run across the globe, this incredible exhibition finally made it’s U.S. debut in Atlanta last month! We hope you’re one of the lucky ones who snagged tickets as June is completely sold out, but don’t worry as it’s sticking around for a while! Artwork from the iconic post-impressionist painter Vincent Van Gogh will come to life in a 360-degree digital spectacle that’ll illuminate and transform the historic Pullman Yards into a fully immersive exhibit.
Book your tickets for this breathtaking exhibit!
5-7. Candlelight Concerts
Candlelight host several concerts performed by live musicians in some of the most iconic venues in Atlanta. The venues are both indoor and outdoor, but each one will be bathed in enchanting candlelight. With themed nights dedicated to different genres, there’s something for everybody’s music taste. Here’s what’s on offer this month:
- Candlelight: Best of Pop on Strings
- Candlelight Jazz: Songs from Magical Movie Soundtracks
- Candlelight Open Air: Songs from Magical Movie Soundtracks
8. The ultimate beer crawl on the Atlanta Beer Bus!
There’s no better way to experience a city than through it’s booze. Atlanta’s craft beer scene is thriving, and there’s no sign of it stopping. To make the most of this boom in beer, check out the Atlanta Beer Bus, an awesome Guided Tour of Atlanta through its craft breweries.
Book your personalized tour on the Atlanta Beer Bus, here!
9-12. Visit an Atlantan brewery!
Speaking of beer, there’s no sign of Georgia’s craft brewery scene slowing down. An explosion of new business has brought with it some incredible places to enjoy a delicious beer, crafted right here in Georgia! Here’s some of our suggestions or check out our online guide here:
- Wild Heaven Beer – West End
- Hippin Hops – East Atlanta Village
- Glover Park Brewing Company – Marietta
- Sweet Water Brewing – Armour
13-17. Unique Eats in Atlanta!
- Dinner Detective: Dinner Detective is an experience unlike any other! An incredible murder mystery show that’s paired with a four-course plated dinner.
- Lucian Books & Wine: This new bookstore in Buckhead is also a fine wine bar and outstanding restaurant!
- The Garden Room: This one-of-a-kind dining experience is blooming marvelous.
- Imperial Fez: An elaborately decorated Moroccan restaurant that’ll probably make you forget that you’re in Georgia! If you’re interested in belly dancing, then this is the place for you!
- Silverspot: Catch a movie with a meal at this new dine-in movie theatre.
18-20. Take a hike!
Atlanta is home to so many gorgeous hiking trails. With trails for every ability and the weather brightening up, there’s no excuse for you to stay indoors with all that Georgian nature on offer. We’ve even found a hike that involves a wine tasting for those who need the extra motivation.
Bartram Trail Hike plus Wine Tasting: Explore Bartram Trail’s rolling elevation through a forest rich with wildflowers, mosses and ferns followed by wine tasting at local Wineries. The views are incredible, and there’s even a picnic included.
- Silver Comet Trail: Hike all the way to the Alabama border on this totally epic hike that starts right here in Atlanta!
- Amicalola Falls: Located in Northeast Georgia, Amicalola Falls will blow you away. There are short hikes or more advanced routes, all boasting beautiful waterfalls throughout.
Chasing waterfalls: Top 7 Hikes In Georgia With Gorgeous Waterfalls
21. Art on the Beltline
There’s so much incredible street art in Atlanta. You could spend a gorgeous summer’s day taking in all the awesome murals on the BeltLine, one of the best places to check out all the incredible ATL artists and muralists. Check out our round-up of some of must-see art installations on the BeltLine below.
22-24. Exhibitions and things to do at the HIGH Museum of Art
Speaking of art, the HIGH Museum of Art’s permanent collection includes more than 18,000 artworks across seven collecting areas. They also have some unmissable exhibitions happening right now! Here’s what we recommend you check out at the HIGH Museum of Art this month:
- Women Only: A new exhibition coming showcases more than one hundred photographs from the High Museum’s collection, exclusively shot by women.
- Picasso and Calder: A touring exhibition of works from Alexander Calder and Pablo Picasso will be at the museum this Summer. The artists are two of the foremost figures in the history of twentieth-century art.
- Jazz Night: HIGH Museum of Art transforms into an unmissable jazz club every month!
25. Georgia Aquarium
BONUS: Banksy is coming to the ATL
Coming this September, The Art of Banksy: Without Limits is set to unravel the mysteries behind the world’s most famous street artist. Make sure you get your tickets to this unmissable exhibit. Banksy is regarded as one of the most valuable artists of our time, and some valuable pieces from the artist’s collection will be available for Atlanta to witness up close and personal!
26. SUPERnatural at Atlanta Botanical Garden
Poetic Kinetics’ Patrick Shearn was given a new canvas earlier this year, to transform into a trippy wonderland! It’s ready to explore, Atlanta Bontanical Gardens have teamed up with a coupe artists for ther SUPERnatural series.
Check out Coca-Cola’s intimate experience in the birthplace of America’s most iconic beverage. The history, the marketing, everything you’d want to know about the legendary drink.
28-32. Have a drink on one of Atlanta’s gorgeous patios
Have a drink, relax, and unwind at one of these enchanting patios in Atlanta that we recommend you check out this summer:
- Ladybird Grove & Mess Hall – Inman Park
- Buena Vida Tapas + Sol – Old Fourth Ward (Beltline)
- Anis Cafe & Bistro – Buckhead
- Brick Store Pub – Decatur
- South City Kitchen – Multiple locations
33. Immersive dance exhibit at The Historic Academy of Medicine
“In This House” is an immersive experience that will spin a tale through movement and song. Dancers will usher you on an ethereal journey, through the hallways and ballrooms of a historic 1940’s landmark building. Each pause in the journey will showcase a vignette created by world-class choreographers and grammy-nominated musicians.
Book your tickets, here!
34-38. Visit Atlanta’s Food Markets/Halls
Atlanta is home to so many neighborhood markets and local grocery stores. And how could we forget about Ponce City Market? Here’s what we recommend this May:
- Politan Row – Brand new “talent-driven’ food hall that’s absolutely stunning.
- Atlanta Food Truck Park & Market – Atlanta’s premier vegan food truck market!
- The Works (Chattahoochee Food Hall) – New food hall that’s just opened in Atlanta!
- Ponce City Market – Our top 10 favorite dishes you have to try at Ponce City Market.
- Star Provisions Market & Cafe – Known for their gourmet foods, get your cheese, meat, seafood and more at Star Provisions.
39. Visit this enchanting sunflower field
A forty minute drive from Atlanta is a gorgeous sunflower field, perfect for a picturesque escape from the hustle and bustle of the city. Snap incredible Instagram pictures, or plan the perfect date night, with a trip to The Anderson’s Sunflower Farm in Cumming.
42-43. Start your unique fitness journey
If you find exercise quite difficult, then these unique and fun fitness programs will definitely get the blood pumping in a fun and unique way!
- Exclusive Dance Experience:3 private ballroom dance lessons exclusively tailored to you based on your experience, learning patterns, and goals.
- Llama Yoga: Llama Yoga is held at the Alpaca Treehouse, and is guided by a yoga instructor with either Figgy the Llama or Queen Dali Llama.
- Thai Chi at the Botanical Gardens: The Garden’s popular Tai Chi class is an immersive experience that leaves you feeling balanced and refreshed.
44. A Day at LEGOLAND Discovery Center
If you have kids, it’s worth checking out LEGOLAND’s Discovery Center, although it’s perfect for anyone with an imagination. Meet your favorite Lego stars, and ride family-friendly attractions like their mind-blowing 4D cinema. There’s even a replica of Atlanta made entirely of Lego!
This unique escape experience in the ATL transports you to a Mars base in 2039. Every two years there is a brief launch window when your space vessel can return to Earth. Will you and your fellow space travelers prepare for launch on time?
46-48. It’s Brunch Season!
Whether you’re looking for a bottomless brunch, or awesome outdoor dining to enjoy your eggs in that Georgian sun, Atlanta has so many awesome brunch spots. Here’s a few we suggest:
- Canoe: Brunch with an awesome view, this Georgia gem is nestled next to the Chattahoochee River.
- Kaleidoscope: Perfect if you’re looking for bottomless mimosas!
- Char Korean Bar and Grill: One of our favorite brunch spots in the ATL!
Mimosas please: 10 Best Bottomless Brunches In Atlanta
49. Support ATL’s LGBTQIA+ owned businesses
Pride may be over, but we should continue to support our queer-owned businesses here in the ATL to keep them thriving. We suggest checking out Finca To Filter for awesome coffee, or head to Guac Y Margys for unbeatable tacos and margaritas. Check out our full list of incredible queer-owned businesses below.
50. Skydive inside!
Feel the thrill of skydiving without jumping out of an airplane. It’s true! Head to iFLY Atlanta, a premier indoor skydiving facility powered by a state-of-the-art vertical wind tunnel.
51-53: Go back in time to the Prohibition Era
Considering we’re in the twenties of this century, why don’t you check out some of the best speakeasies in Atlanta? Here are some of our favorites:
- Red Phone Booth: Go and find the British telephone box in Downtown Atlanta for the ultimate throwback experience.
- The Blind Pig Parlour Bar: This intimate and sophisticated speakeasy features innovative craft cocktails with Victorian era décor and ambiance.
- Elenor’s: Walk through the incognito chilled wine cellar at Smyrna’s Muss & Turner’s, and find this awesome speakeasy!
One of the finest juried arts and crafts festival in the southeast returns! Butternut Creek Festival is a two day family-oriented fine craft and art show in Meeks Park. Featuring awesome music, arts and crafts fair, live art demonstrations and delicious food. This festival is not to be missed if you’re an art lover!
Chattahoochee River Tubing specialize in putting people on the river for their incredibly relaxing 4-hour float. Jump on one of their floating tubes and leave all your troubles on the bank of the river, for the ultimate way to experience the Chattahoochee.
56. Create your own candle at this boozy craft experience!
At this Sip & Smell candle making experience, you’ll be guided through the process of making your very own 8-oz or 9-oz candle using a vegan candle wax. An assortment of fragrances such as floral scents, baking goods, and woodsy aromas will be available to you. Enjoy a nice glass of wine or sangria as well as hors d’oeuvres while mingling with your fellow candle makers!
57-59. Spend a day by the pool..
We recently rounded up our favorite hotel and rooftop pools across the city. Although some require you to be a guest at the hotel, here are are a few you can access for the day!
- Midtown Beach Club
- Grand Hyatt Buckhead
- W Hotel Midtown
60-62. Grab an iced coffee from local coffeehouses
In this heat, coffee is always served best over ice. And since caffeine has become such a nececity, check out our round-up of 15 incredible coffeehouses where you can get the best iced coffees.
- Sheep and Meadow – Peachtree Hills
- East Pole Coffee Co. – Armour
- The Victorian Atlanta – East Atlanta Village
63-65. Frozen cocktails!
After that coffee has worn off and you’ve finished work, why not celebrate and cool off at the same time? There are some awesome places to get boozy frozen cocktails in Atlanta. Here are a few of our faves:
- King of Pops – Ponce City Market
- Whiskey Bird – Morningside-Lenox Park
- Krab Queenz – SoNo