We hope you’re having a fantasic fall so far, and with the holidays just around the corner, the city is full of awesome things to do, from cozy outdoor dining to outdoor art installations, peak fall foliage (in the beginning of the month) to the holiday markets and festive things to do, all about to open up shop! Check out our recommendations for an unforgettable November in Atlanta, below.
1-3. Stunning fall foliage in Atlanta
There are so many spectacular places to check out the fall foliage. Get your pumpkin spice latte to-go, and make the most of the remanence of the greatest season of (f)all! Check out a few recommendations below, or for our full roundup, click here.
- Sweetwater Creek: Located only 15 minutes away from the city, explore the forest and enchanting creek that always manages to look picture perfect in the fall.
- Piedmont Park: Changing leaves and an unbeatable view of our skyline makes for a picture perfect day.
- Fernbank Museum: The awesome natural history museum is home to 75 acres of woods and forest, eager for you to explore them!
If you haven’t been to Underground Atlanta for The Art of Banksy: Without Limits, then you are missing out. This unbeatable exhibition boasts more than 140 pieces and provides incredible insight on the world’s most famous street artist.
Don’t miss out. Make sure you book your tickets for this spectacular exhibition!
5-9. Enjoy classical music by candlelight at this magical concert series
The breathtaking Candlelight concert series is continuously transforming Atlanta’s most beautiful venues into a candlelit musical paradise. Experience classical music like never before, bathed in gorgeous Candlelight, with so many unmissable themed evenings to check out. Here’s what’s happening this month:
- Candlelight Jazz: Celebrating Billie Holiday and Amy Winehouse
- Candlelight: Jazz and the Black Experience
- Candlelight: A Tribute to Queen and More
- Candlelight: Rock Classics on Strings
- Candlelight: Best of Pop on Strings
If you’ve always dreamed of roaming an African savanna, then Illuminarium is the place for you. This knock-out immersive experience has already become a beloved part of the BeltLine. By day, you can come face-to-face with lions, giraffes, elephants, and more! By night, Illuminarium becomes one of Atlanta’s hottest bars.
11. Sip & Trap Thursdays at the Trap Music Museum
Every Thursday, the Trap Music Museum hosts an epic celebration, celebrating all things trap! You’ll get a private tour of the museum, and a complimentary glass of champagne on arrival. There’s even happy hour specials, if you wish to keep the party going throughout your visit. There’s immersive art, touching tributes, and informative exhibitions nestled throughout the beloved museum, founded by T.I.
12-15. The best heated outdoor dining in Atlanta!
With evenings getting cooler and Georgia’s gorgeous climate all year round, nothing beats enjoying a couple of drinks out on one of the outdoor patios available at some of Atlanta’s finest eateries. Check out some of our recommendations below.
- Ladybird Grove & Mess Hall – Old Fourth Ward
- The Roof at Ponce City Market – Old Fourth Ward
- Bold Monk Brewing – Upper Westside
- Gypsy Kitchen – Buckhead Village
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you probably know that Pullman Yards has been magically transformed into a breathtaking exhibit. Artwork from the iconic post-impressionist painter Vincent Van Gogh comes to life in a 360-degree digital spectacle that’s currently illuminating and transforming.
Puzzling Adventures™ host this epic experience that’s part scavenger hunt, part informative self-guided tour, mixed with The Amazing Race®. Each adventure consists of a series of locations that you are guided to where you are required to answer questions or solve puzzles to receive your next instruction. Explore the ATL and have an awesome time in the process. Click here for more information and tickets.
There’s always something going on at the Atlanta Botanical Garden. With the holidays just around the corner, it’s almost time for their epic lights spectacle to return. Thousands and thousands of lights will transform the enchanting gardens into a Winter Wonderland. It’s all set to return on November 13, so make sure you get your tickets for this beloved holiday tradition in Atlanta. Click here for more information.
Surprise your senses and test out your taste buds at this Dining in the Dark experience. Just choose from a veggie, seafood, or meat menu, and let your senses do the rest! Eminent psychologists have been advocating dining in the dark as the ultimate taste experience for many years, due to the studies that show 80 percent of people eat with their eyes.
Make sure you reserve your table for this sensational event taking over Atlanta.
If you’re looking to create something special for someone for the holidays, or would like to treat yourself to a creative, boozy workshop, then we have the event for you! This ‘Sip & Smell Candle Making Workshop‘ is the perfect for all aspiring candle making artists out there. Not only will you make your own candle, but you’ll be enjoying a nice glass of wine or Kreyol Sangria, as well as hors d’oeuvres!
21-22. Mystery ATL Picnics!
Surprise your partner, or get your friends together, for these incredible mystery picnics in Atlanta. An all-inclusive mystery picnic date experience for two to eight people, with a stunning picnic spread from local artisan producers, including your traditional picnic foods. Check out the two options below:
- Mystery Picnic with Friends: Self Guided Foodie Adventure
- Mystery Picnic Date: Self Guided Foodie Adventure
Make the most of pumpkin spice season, and head to one of the coffee shops below for a knock-out PSL. Or you can check out our ultimate coffee guide, with 15 unbeatable ATL coffeehouses!
- Hodgepodge Coffeehouse – Reynoldstown, Decatur, and Ormewood
- Dancing Goats Coffee – Buckhead, Midtown, Decatur, and more!
- Rev Coffee – Smyrna, and Heritage Sandy Springs Market every Saturday
- Moonbird Coffee – Chamblee
BONUS: Cocktails in Wonderland!
Don’t be late for this very important date! An Alice in Wonderland inspired cocktail tea party is coming to Atlanta, and you don’t want to miss it. With curious beverages and even curiouser characters, watch the beloved storybook come to life at this immersive bash! Make sure you book your tickets to avoid disappointment, or it’ll be off with your head!
27. Visit Georgia Aquarium
Guaranteed fun for all the family, Georgia Aquarium is one of Atlanta’s most beloved attractions! It’s actually the largest aquarium in the western hemisphere, boasting several exhibits starring Beluga Whales, penguins, sharks, and so much more!
28-32. Atlanta’s top-notch craft breweries
Atlanta’s craft beer scene is thriving, and there’s no sign of it stopping. Check out our recent roundup of our favorite ATL breweries.
- Atlanta Brwing Co. – Underwood Hills
- Wild Heaven Beer – West End
- Hippin Hops – East Atlanta Village
- New Realm Brewing – Common Ground
- Orpheus Brewing – Piedmont Park
33-35. ATL Cideries
If beer isn’t your thing, how about a crisp, refreshing cider from one of our awesome cideries across the city. Tis’ the season after all! Click here to check out our full cidery roundup.
- Atlanta Hard Cider – Marietta
- Urban Tree Cidery – Berkerley Park
- Treehorn Cider – Marietta
36-40. Stock up on reading material at one of these ATL bookstores!
Coming to the end of a good book? Want to get your holiday shopping done early? These awesome bookshops in Atlanta are perfect for book lovers.
- Lucian Books & Wine: Serving up their thoughtful selection of wines and tasty bites, dine and wine surrounded by beautiful books!
- Charis Books & More: Specializing in diverse and unique books on feminism, tackling issues faced by women on the daily. There are children’s books, feminist, and cultural studies books, books on anti-racism, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer fiction/non-fiction!
- Atlanta Vintage Books: This old-school bookstore in Chamblee is perfect for book collectors or those craving something unique.
- Read Shop by Merchant: Grab a coffee to-go after finding a brand new read at this gorgeous bookstore in Vinings Jubilee.
- Medu Bookstore: Medu Bookstore is one of the largest African-American owned businesses in Atlanta.
41. Ponce City Market’s Winter Dreamland
Ponce City Market will be transforming their rooftop this month into a Winter Dreamland complete with igloos for outdoor dining and a Skate the Sky ice skating rink for their annual Holidays on the Roof event!
42. Holiday magic at Callaway Gardens
Speaking of the holidays, the immaculate Callaway Gardens’ Fantasy In Lights display will soon be open to the public to enjoy, as the south’s favorite holiday tradition returns. The event will return on November 19, running until January 3, 2022. There’s even a Christmas Village to check out!
43-47. Steller sushi in the ATL
We recently asked our followers on Instagram to share with us their favorite sushi restaurants in Atlanta. Check out a few recommendations below, or the full roundup, here!
- Eight Sushi Lounge – Home Park
- RA Sushi – Midtown
- Fudo Sushi – Chamblee
- O-Ku – Home Park
- MF Sushi – Inman Park
47-51. Unique Eats in Atlanta
From crafty cocktails to robot waiters, check out our roundup of the best crazy ideas that became a reality in Atlanta. Our city has a vast selection of restaurants, bars and experiences that prove anything is possible! And you’ll have a great time in the process. Here are a few we recommend:
- Dinner Detective: An incredible murder mystery show that’s paired with a four-course plated dinner!
- Silverspot: Catch a movie with a meal at this new dine-in movie theatre.
- My Parent’s Basement: My Parents’ Basement is a place where fellow nerds gather to drink, read comics, grub on nostalgic bites, and empty their pocket change into old gaming machines.
- The Garden Room: This one-of-a-kind dining experience is blooming marvelous, with spectacular floral displays and an outstanding selection of food and cocktails!
- Imperial Fez: An elaborately decorated Moroccan restaurant that’ll probably make you forget that you’re in Georgia! If you’re interested in belly dancing, then this is the place for you!
- The Painted Duck: Upscale boutique bar with vintage games in the Stockyards Atlanta development on the Westside.
52-55. Atlanta’s favorite cocktail bars!
Searching for your new cocktail safe haven in Atlanta? Look no further, as we’ve broken down some of the best cocktail bars in the city! Check a few reccs below, or click here for the full roundup.
- Jojo’s Beloved Cocktail Lounge: Politan Row, Colony Square
- 9 Mile Station: Ponce City Market Roof
- 8ARM: Ponce/Virginia-Highland
- Bar Margor: Midtown
The LGBTQIA+ theatre group Out Front Theatre have put together an unforgettable line-up for the holidays! Including their production of the 80’s classic, Xanadu. Channel your inner Olivia Newton John and check it out this month.
Xanadu will be going on until November 14. Click here for more information, including tickets and their full holiday line-up.
57-61. More art exhibitions in Atlanta
If you’re looking for even more spectacular art exhibitions in Atlanta, then you don’t have to look far. Here’s some more art exhibitions that we recommend this month.
57-59. High Museum of Art
- Outside the Lines: Outdoor installation, providing an immersive, and sensory experience for all of its visitors.
- Self-Taught Artists: Exhibition highlighting Southern self-taught artists
- Jazz Night at the HIGH: Monthly event, featuring a different style jazz each time.
60-61. Atlanta Contemporary
- #ChingaLaMigra: Touching piece honoring those who have been harmed by Georgia’s Stewart Detention Center.
- Inward, Outward, Forward: Spectacular photography exhibition by Lucinda Bunnen
62. Downton Abbey: The Exhibtion
If you’re a fan of the multi-award winning television show Downton Abbey, then you don’t want to miss out! Watch the characters and the iconic house come to life as your completely immersed in the fascinating social history, culture, and some of the most memorable moments from the show’s six-season run.
63-67. Take a hike in and around Atlanta!
Atlanta is home to so many gorgeous hiking trails. With trails for every ability and the colors change in full swing, it’s the perfect time to take a hike in Georgia! We’ve even found one that involves a wine tasting for those who need the extra motivation.
- Bartram Trail plus Wine Tasting: Explore Bartram Trail’s rolling elevation through a forest rich with wildflowers, mosses and ferns followed by wine tasting at local Wineries. The views are incredible, and there’s even a picnic included!
- Silver Comet Trail: Hike all the way to the Alabama border on this totally epic hike that starts right here in Atlanta!
- Amicalola Falls: Located in Northeast Georgia, Amicalola Falls will blow you away. There are short hikes or more advanced routes, all boasting beautiful waterfalls throughout.
- Atlanta BeltLine: Every ATL Alien’s favorite trail around the city, with several places to stop for food, drinks, art, and more!
- Island Ford Trail: Just thirty minutes north of Atlanta is the Chattahoochee River, and the Island Ford Trail is a great way to take in its beauty.
68-72. Food hall mania in Atlanta
There’s always a new food hall popping up in Atlanta. This year alone we’ve seen a couple outstanding additions to the scene! Check out some of our faves below:
- Politan Row – Absolutely stunning food hall on Colony Square that’s more like a luxury experience
- Atlanta Food Truck Park & Market –Atlanta’s premier vegan food truck market!
- The Works – Awesome new food hall taking Atlanta by storm!
- Ponce City Market – Our top 10 favorite dishes you have to try at Ponce City Market.
- Star Provisions Market – Known for their gourmet foods, get your cheese, meat, seafood and more at Star Provisions.
73. LEGOLAND’s Discovery Center
If you have kids, or are young at heart, it’s worth checking out LEGOLAND’s Discovery Center. Meet your favorite Lego stars, and ride family-friendly attractions like their mind-blowing 4D cinema. There’s even a replica of Atlanta made entirely of Lego!
74-77. Jazz bars in Atlanta!
Looking for some show-stopping jazz bars? Atlanta has the spot for you, and Secret Atlanta’s got you covered. Check out our full list of recommendations here, or a few of them below.
- Blind Willie’s, Virginia-Highland
- St. James Live!, Southside
- Northside Tavern, Home Park
- Apache Cafe, Centennial Park District